" Baby I love you and Happy Valentine's Day "
Although I had tons of recipes in mind. I was more focused on something that we both love and I narrowed down on this lovely dessert with is light and so easy to put together. We both love Balck forest cake and I have been longing to do it. But having an anniversary falling on the same month I wanted to keep a cake for later. I had lots of friends ask me "so what's special for Valentine's Day?" and here it is I whipped this dessert. When I was chit chatting with one of my bloggie friend Divya Prakash on what we were planning for V day it so happened that she also planned the same trifle and the same recipe infact. Now that came as a super sweet surprise :-)
Prep time ~ 10 mins
Chill time ~ 3-4 hrs
Chocolate cake or brownie(Home made/store bought)
Cherry with syrup (store bought)
Whipping Cream-1/4 cup
Vanilla Essence little
Chocolate shavings to garnish
Fresh Cherries to garnish
- Crumble the chocolate cake and place them on the base of your glass/ bowl you want to serve in
- Spoon little cherry syrup on top of it and layer the cherries over it.
- In a medium bowl using a hand mixer whip the cream with sugar and little essence till stiff peaks form, it would take 6-7 minutes.
- Add the whipped cream on top of cherries.Add the chocolate shavings on top and decorate with cherry.
- Refrigerate for min 3 to 4 hours or overnight
- You can use store bought whipped cream
- I used a 2 minute chocolate mug cake for the chocolate cake
- Setting is important for flavors to mingle, so dont be in a hurry